From:
Leslie MYRICK <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 23 Sep 2020 07:55:54 -0400
From some notes for a work in progress ...
Tim Murphy (1865-1929) Comic actor born in Rupert, Vermont who also had a
natural talent for drawing. Worked briefly as draughtsman for U. S. Patent
Office, but was fired for drawing in the Patent Office Gazette of a
caricature of James Blaine as a greenhorn farmer leaning over a fence ("How
Time Murphy Lost His Job," Indianapolis Journal, 21 Oct 1901, 14). As an
actor he was known for his performances in the Carpet Bagger and Bachelor's
Romance.