From:
Matthew Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Aug 2020 10:18:56 -0400
I'm writing an essay about Twain's public fight against racialized police
violence in 1860s San Francisco. I made a very short video version for our
Teachers Institute earlier this Summer: https://youtu.be/5gVlDbX2pcs

I must also recommend Larry Howe's recent, related essay: "Black Lives
Matter at Quarry Farm."
https://marktwainstudies.com/black-lives-matter-at-quarry-farm/

As Twain says, "Let us abolish policemen who carry revolvers and clubs, and
put in a squad of poets armed to the teeth with poems on Spring and love."

- MS

--
Matt Seybold
Assistant Professor of American Literature & Mark Twain Studies