From:
Matthew Seybold <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2018 13:59:33 -0400
We are pleased to announce the theme and panelists for the 5th Quarry Farm Weekend Symposium, hosted by the Elmira College Center for Mark Twain Studies.

The symposium will be held October 5-7, 2018.

The theme, inspired in part by the Larry Howe and Harry Wonham’s new collection, MARK TWAIN & MONEY, is American Literary History & Economics in the New Gilded Age.

Harry and Larry are co-organizers and will be joined by an exciting lineup, discussing not only the econo-literary texts and contexts of Twain’s lifetime, but also the legacy of his gilded age metaphor in contemporary culture. You can find the full roster of presenters, as well as registration information, at our website.

http://marktwainstudies.com/the-2018-quarry-farm-symposium-american-literary-history-economics-in-the-new-gilded-age/ <http://marktwainstudies.com/the-2018-quarry-farm-symposium-american-literary-history-economics-in-the-new-gilded-age/>

This year’s symposium is also part of a series of events on American Literary History & Economics, from which will emerge a special issue of AMERICAN LITERARY HISTORY.

We hope to see many of you in October. Bear in mind, Quarry Farm Symposiums are held primarily at Quarry Farm, so space is limited! Register now!

Best wishes,

Matt Seybold
Assistant Professor of American Literature & Mark Twain Studies
Elmira College
Editor, MarkTwainStudies.org
MattSeybold.com