From:
Errol Craig Sull <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 11:24:06 EST
To all Twainiacs ...

As you may know, I have sponsored and coordinated the Annual Mark Twain
Birthday Party & Symposium for 8 years now, beginning in my class at Niagara
University with only 30 students and now up to several hundred in
attendance.
 Some of you have sent me e-mails, asking about this year's Party &
Symposium.  Well, I've made a major decision that will result in its
expansion in several areas, but also necessitated my postponing the 9th
Annual version until November 30th, 2002.

Beginning next year, the Annual Mark Twain Birthday Party & Symposium will
have a new home at the Buffalo and Erie County Public Library, located in
downtown Buffalo.  Several factors led to this decision.  First, the event
needed a larger hall in which to hold it, as I was limited by seating
capacity at Niagara.  The Library has a wonderful theater / hall that seats
nearly 900, yet is configured in a way so that it remains intimate, with
good
sight everywhere.

Second, Buffalo is blessed to not only have my Twain event but the original
manuscript of H.F. (as well as many Twain- and H.F.-related materials)
housed
at the Library, and a new venture, The Mark Twain Museum of Buffalo.  Rather
than keeping all apart, it makes more sense to "join forces."

Third, there is a much greater audience base from which to draw in the
Buffalo area.  Next year's event will also include a special afternoon
program for children.  Mike Randall -- for my money easily on par with Hal
Holbrook (and one time sued by him) -- will continue his excellent
impersonation role as Mark Twain,  with additional Twain scholars from
around
Buffalo and throughout the United States.

Mark your calendar now:  ONE YEAR FROM TODAY, November 30th, 2002:  the 9th
Annual Mark Twain Birthday Party & Symposium!  You will not want to miss it!

Errol Craig Sull