From:
Lawrence Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 19:40:01 -500
Barb--

I have one of the reprint editions of the _Library of Humor_  in front of
me.  The only piece from Belford, Clarke is Bill Nye's "A Fatal Thirst."
While I think Andrew Hoffman's response squares with the economic
realities of the volume's production, the Nye story is only a 3-page
contribution.  Unless the plates were already set or he was under some
sort of contractual obligation, I'm not sure SLC really had to deal with
Belford.  Couldn't he have simply dropped this meager inclusion from the
volume?

Larry Howe