From:
dmcgreer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Mar 1994 11:10:06 EST

This seems like the classic library question in a consortium... whether
to have separate catalogues for each library or a "union catalog." I
have always voted for the latter.  So, just for feed back, from my
viewpoint, the "separate files" idea requires that I know where what I'm
looking for is, the latter allows a "union search" at the trade-off of
search time.  I'd vote for one file.  Those who have a serious concern
with the length would then have other options of extracting chapters to
separate files, saving the whole document as an ascii file and using
some other search program, etc.

Dennis McGreer
Indiana University