Sender:
From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 14:36:47 +0000
Comments:
Authenticated sender is <[log in to unmask]>
I recently added a new section to my Mark Twain on the Philippines
WWW pages called "Editors on Mark Twain's Anti-Imperialism" that
those of you who like to see Twain praised or castigated will enjoy.  It
includes the full texts of 34 editorials about Twain's anti-imperialist
statements on the Philippines, from his Oct. 16, 1900, homecoming
interviews to "A Defence of General Funston."  Most of the editorials
are about "To the Person Sitting in Darkness," and anyone planning to
use that essay in a course this year might find this collection useful for
presenting its contemporary reception.  A page listing the political
affiliations and positions on imperialism of all of the newspapers
represented is included to help with putting the editorials into
perspective.  The URL is:

   http://web.syr.edu/~fjzwick/twain_html/editors/editors.html

Jim Zwick
http://web.syr.edu/~fjzwick/