Sun, 6 May 2001 15:15:42 -0700
And while we're on the subject, am I the only person bothered by the way
those onstage at the Twain "award" presentation bash Twain?  I can't
recall whether it was said by or about Jerry Seinfeld (during the ceremony
for Carl Reiner) that "Twain would have been lucky to get a job typing his
corrections," but there were a couple such remarks glorifying the living
at the expense of the dead.  Twain could certainly be self-deprecating,
but I doubt he'd feel these cubs earned their right to issue put-downs. --

Peg Wherry