Sender:
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 2003 09:59:14 -0500
Well, I just finished the one Hitchens didn't like -- THE SINGULAR MARK
TWAIN -- and disagreed totally:  found it illuminating and easy to read.
Which didn't surprise me totally, given the author's reputation -- and also
Hitchen's love of slash and burn and making himself quotable.  But anyhow,
other reviewers seem to think it's the definitive biography, so don't rely
on one review.

L. Ackerson