Sender:
From:
Xilao Li <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Jun 2011 14:49:06 -0500

This might well be a tag as Mark Twain saw it then, "pinned to the clothes," used as a shorthand note or reminder.

--The middle three characters means "Mr. L--", apparently the customer.

--The first character in a smaller size has to be rotate by 90% to the left and it is "Guang" which can mean: light; ray; honor; smooth, or shining, etc. So, it may be possible: "The item is to be ironed."

--The last character is an old-styled character "Sheng" which means:litre [volume]; arise;raise; advance; hoist, etc. So, it may be possible: "Hang it up."

I am just guessing, but one thing is certain: all characters are genuinely Chinese words.

this