Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:03:03 -0500
From: Mary Lou Caskey <[log in to unmask]>
Did Twain say anything memorable about the turning of the century 1899-1900?
Seems like it would be appropriate to hear what he thought about this event
since we are about to do it again. He is so timeless in his remarks that I
would
love to know what he thought about it.

P.S. I finally got to see and hear Holbrook do Mark Twain Tonite at the
Landmark Theater in Syracuse a couple of weeks ago. What a terrific
performance! I felt like I was seeing and hearing the man himself. I took my
15 year old son with me, and he enjoyed it too. Thanks for talking it up
so on the Forum. It was everything you all have said and more.

Mary Lou Caskey
Assistant Director, Mid-York Library System
Utica, NY