From:
"Lee, Judith" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2018 01:30:58 +0000
Carl and Larry, I will be happy to share privately an account I wrote long ago on Paige Compositor that does include the technical history of it and the competition, but I am traveling and can’t do so just now.  Meanwhile, here is a citation:

Lee, Judith Yaross.  “Anatomy of A Fascinating Failure.” [Mark Twain and the Paige Compositor]. American Heritage of Invention and Technology 3 (Summer 1987): 55-60.

Judith

Judith Yaross Lee, Ph.D.
Distinguished Professor of Communication Studies

Charles E. Zumkehr Professor of Rhetoric & Culture
Director, Central Region Humanities Center
School of Communication Studies
Ohio University
Schoonover Center 439
Athens, Ohio 45701