Sender:
From:
Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 1996 20:35:25 EST
As you may know, some publishers have offered discounts to Mark Twain
Forum members on particular books.  I'm pleased to announce that the
Forum will now provide a regular web page of vendors who offer such
discounts.  This will help to keep advertisements out of the regular
mailing list discussion, and also will allow people who want to go
shopping to visit a central web site to check for new vendors.

You can visit the "Discounts" page off the TwainWeb main page, which
is at the following URL:

     http://web.mit.edu/linguistics/www/forum/twainweb.html

At the moment, the page has only a few vendors, but I anticipate that
more will want to install listings there in the near future.

Also on the horizon is the possibility of searching the TWAIN-L
archives, as we used to be able to do in the old days, before listserv
was "upgraded".  An independent company has offered to archive the
list and provide a search engine (at no charge to anybody), but it
hasn't yet materialized for our list.  I'll post a message, though, if
and when the service is offered.

On an earlier point: I echo Marc's et al.'s appreciation of Kevin
Bochynski's eagerness to share information and be helpful.  He's been
a vital part of the Forum since the beginning, and it's clear to me
that the Forum would only be half as useful and fun as it is now, if
Kevin weren't here.  Thanks Kevin!

Best regards,
Taylor

Taylor Roberts <[log in to unmask]>