From:
Hal Bush <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Mar 2008 11:29:55 -0600
Steve has worked so very hard over the years on Twichell; as such, he is a
man after some of the things in my own heart.  I really look forward to
reading your book this summer.  Way to go, Steve.

In case some LIST members are unaware:  Steve has put some wonderful pieces
about Twichell & Twain on the web over the years-- they are at the Asylum
Hill website:

www.ahcc.org/TwainTwichellStories.htm

In terms of a preview of the biography:  What specific aspects of Joe
Twichell that you believe your volume will bring to light in new and
important ways?

How does your volume revise our understanding of Joe Twichell?

Dr. Harold K. Bush, Jr., Associate Professor
Dept. of English
Saint Louis University
St. Louis, MO  63108
314-977-3616 (w);  314-771-6795 (h)  314-495-4094 (cell)
<www.slu.edu/colleges/AS/ENG/faculty/hbush.html>

Memorable Quote Until Further Notice:

"The life of the creative man is lead, directed and controlled by boredom.
Avoiding boredom is one of our most important purposes."

    --   Susan Sontag