From:
miki pfeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 2021 15:30:18 -0500
Peter,
You are correct.
Upon further digging, I agree that a side trip to Schiever did not occur.
It seems wishful thinking in the little village since Moore did live at
Waubun when he died.

Instead, I found a New Orleans address for Moore in the 1880 census that
was located not far from Cable's house. So the letter to Livy in the
article is likely accurate, but Sam must have visited his old steamboat
buddy and family on Orange St. in the city.
I had sent Scott this information to his email. Thanks for giving me a
chance to clear that up on this thread.
Miki