Sender:
From:
John Bird <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 May 1998 20:28:20 -0400
Now y'all don't be messing with Laura Skandera-Trombley!

Seriously, I was happy to read Laura's comment, and happy just to see
something going on here!  Laura does make an excellent point.  There's
really strong biographical work since 1966, especially the work that, as
Laura's does and others do, focuses on specific areas of MT's life.  Rather
than criticize her for pointing out a deficiency in the recommended works,
we ought to update the list.

Laura will be chairing the session I've organized on performing dialect in
Huck Finn at ALA this week in San Diego.  So I want to stay on her good
side!

Good to see some action on here.

John Bird