Date:
Wed, 9 Apr 2014 21:51:43 -0700
Thank you so much for the Redpath link.  I had no idea what a
character he was or the nature of the lecture circuit he promoted.
I like the fact that Mark Twain's career started with his lectures on his
time in Hawaii, as correspondent for our Sacramento Union.  Based on that I
gave a talk recently to our Sacramento Historical Society giving Sacramento
credit for his entire subsequent career as travel writer and lecturer.

I'm not sure we have such colorful characters in our time as many of those
in Twain's.

Thanks, again.
Arianne Laidalw

--