Date:
Tue, 23 Jun 1992 11:02:00 LCL
   I don't have the paper with me, but I do remember that one of
the three adaptations was changed to modern times.  That one was
to be directed by John Hughes, who did Home Alone among many
others.  There is also a remake of Tom Sawyer.  I hope all of the
rest of you are groaning too, because the perfect Tom Sawyer was
made in the late 30's, and every new remake is worse than the one
before. (Just my opinion, of course).  I'll tell more tomorrow
after I've seen the paper again.  The producer who made the dumb
remark was left anonymous.  I don't think the Times wants to be
sued.
   Also, the Star Trek thing sounds like Letters From the Earth
to me.