From:
Larry Howe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2008 09:03:52 -0500
Hal--

It was a late 90s Yankees official press guide that listed O'Neill as a
*direct* descendant of SLC.  At the time, the forum was hopping with post by
many pointing out the impossibility of that.

The ancestry website that Carolyn Richey mentioned here last night was more
careful than to claim direct ancestry.  But it did make me wonder when she
said that the site listed her ancestory as including Hawthorne, Faulkner,
and Dickenson as well as Twain.  That line-up made me suspicious.  I'm
wondering if the site asks any questions of its subscribers about personal
interests before the genealogists come up with all kinds of flattering
forebears.  If so, then perhaps when I list rock and roll and baseball as
interests, will they tell me that I'm related to Bo Diddley and Ty Cobb.

On the other hand the lineage of Barack Obama has been traced and said to
include Dick Cheney.  Aren't we all related to Kevin Bacon?

LH