From:
David Caswell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 5 Jan 1998 21:42:11 +0000
It never ceases to amaze me how there is always some one eager to
attack cultural and literary icons.  Last year we had to debate the
absurd claim that Mark Twain was homosexual.  This year he's a
pedophile.  What I don't understand is why these idiotic allegations
are made.   I guess it is the equivalent of a headline in The National
Inquirer.  SLC was a man of dignity, courage, humor, intelligence and
discipline.  How desperately we need men like him today!