"Arianne ." <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 29 Jun 2019 15:38:42 -0700
) Dear John

(I have always wanted to say that)

 Do you by any chance include the house where Ulysses S Grant lived before
he became president? Somewhere I read that Clemens and some reporter friend
of his went to that house to contact grants father to take him out
drinking. I can’t remember where I heard that or read it. Have you heard
that story? I would love to pin down the source of it  And to know which
reporter friend was with him.

Thanks for any help.  I sure would love to go on your tour if I ever get
back to New York. Thanks again Arianne Laidlaw

--
Arianne Laidlaw A '58