John Greenman <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Oct 2010 15:35:45 -0400
On Oct 29, 2010, at 2:54 PM, Barbara Schmidt wrote:

> Mark Twain's autobiography as published in the NORTH AMERICAN REVIEW
> is well-covered in the 2010 edition.  Kiskis's work is a reprint of
> NAR with beneficial and up-to-date annotations. However, Kiskis did
> not edit, rearrange, or compile Mark Twain's work as did the other
> editors of previous versions of the autobiography. In effect, George
> Harvey was the editor of the material published in NAR. Kiskis did a
> great service by making the hard-to-find version from NAR more widely
> available.
>
> Barb

And, to offer the last (perhaps) word on this subject...
Chapters from My Autobiography by Mark Twain

is available, for free, from Project Gutenberg, direct from processed
digital scans of the North American Review

http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/19987

AND

from Librivox.org and archive.org, in audio form.

http://librivox.org/chapters-from-my-authobiography-by-mark-twain/
http://www.archive.org/details/twain_autobiography_librivox