From:
Kevin Mac Donnell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Mar 2016 17:19:29 -0600
She was beat to the punch by Ida Belle White in 1915.  Ida Belle published
SPIRITS DO RETURN, and claimed Twain assisted her with her book. It's even
scarcer than JAP HERRON. In 1916 Hutchings contacted Harper Brothers,
perhaps inspired as much by Ida Belle as by Twain, but ended up with
Mitchell Kennedy. There's some unintentionally hilarious research into all
of this by James Hyslop who published a book and at least one magazine
article about it in 1919. Twain stayed dead until 1968 when he visited
another midwestern lady whose daughter had recently died, but so far as I
know he's stayed dead ever since.

Kevin
@
Mac Donnell Rare Books