From:
Mike Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2008 07:51:08 -0500
...this is a sad day for me, as I am a big fan of Carlin's comedy.  I always thought he'd be a natural pick for the Mark Twain Award for American Comedy, and, lo and behold, he's been picked as this year's recepient (I look forward to this listserv's discussion of his merit).

Carlin could make his audience look at the world differently after a show.  His comedy challenged taboos and traditional "common sense", and I can't think of a better nominee - surely better than a few of those who came earlier...

Mike Williams