Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2016 14:05:32 +0000
I'm reading a book by Paul Fatout about Mark Twain on the lecture circuit. In it, some reviewers complain that Mark Twain's voice was "low" as he lectured.
Did they mean "low" in tonal range (bassy) or did they mean "low" in volume (soft-spoken)?
I assume the latter, as his singing voice has been described as a "beautiful tenor" but would like to know "y'alls" take on it. - B. Clay Shannon