From:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Clay Shannon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2017 01:15:23 +0000
I will chime in and say the book is no doubt worth every penny, but I also understand the "sticker shock" some may feel.
I wrote a couple of computer programming books years ago, and had the same experience: the books sold for around $40 (and were not "fancy" at all - just text), and I got $2 for each book sold. I think I calculated once that I had made a couple of dollars per hour or some such amount.
So in these cases both the author[s] and the consumer[s] suffer "disadvantages" but there are sometimes benefits that go beyond the time or money you invest. - B. Clay Shannon