From:
John Greenman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2013 11:23:20 -0500
I need some help.

I'm trying to establish whether or not I can record MT's "Letters From the Earth" for Librivox.org.

I know that it was finally published in 1962. Which I thought would mean that's when the copyright would begin...
But in asking someone on the web who deals with these works, about it's availability...here's the response I got!

Date of first publication is irrelevant in this case. The work is automatically copyrighted when it is written (regardless of when the copyright is registered), and the clock starts ticking then. Essentially it is from the date of creation

reactions??

(and THANKS!!)
-John

John Greenman
Audiobooks from Librivox
Archive.org audio recordings
"Morality" is doing what's right regardless of what you're told!
"Obedience" is doing what is told, regardless of what is right!