From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 22 Oct 1997 03:15:26 +0000
The chat room at my Mark Twain site at The Mining Company was put
online this last weekend and is now available for live chats dealing
with Mark Twain.  I would like to invite all Forum members to the
first scheduled chat which will be held on November 4, 7:00-8:00 p.m.
Eastern Standard Time (folks can stay as late as they want -- the room
never closes).  There is no special topic -- this will be a
Forum-centered open house where we can interact in real time and tell
any others who come about the Forum.  The URLs are:

Mark Twain site (follow link in right column to chat room)
http://marktwain.miningco.com/

The Chat Room (directly)
http://marktwain.miningco.com/mpchat.htm

The chat room does not require special chat software and can be
accessed with Netscape or Internet Explorer (versions 3.0 or higher of
both) with Java enabled.  If you want to test your browser first, go
to the chat room any time and log in.  If your nickname appears and
you see a message saying that you've entered the room, it is working
fine.  If not, let me know (offlist) and I'll try to help you set up
your software.  Instructions for using the chat room are also
available on the chat room page.

The chat room is available most other times so if you have a project
where you might want to use it, please let me know.  I'm thinking that
it might be useful to connect classes studying Mark Twain in different
parts of the country or in different countries, for teachers to meet
there to discuss experiences teaching specific books or topics, and
for anyone interested in making guest appearances to discuss their
research,  books, web sites, teaching, etc., with people interested in
Twain.

See you on the 4th!

Jim Zwick