Rick Talbot <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 11 Jun 2010 20:23:58 -0500
Oh, my gosh. Was THAT (radio recording) totally worth listening to? A
conversation at Quarry Farm. Thank you to Mark Woodhouse for sending it our
way. Loved it. Absolutely loved it.

And to think, we all sat together on that porch at Quarry Farm only last
year. We saw that August sun go down together. We shared that warm and muggy
evening, the twilight as it settled in across us and across the Chemung
Valley, just as Clemens have seen it, and how it cloaked us, one and all,
and how we straggled one by one descending down the hill only to be
surprised by, delight of delights, Hal Holbrook himself, to regale us each
with tales of Clara Clemens? Wasn't that royal? Can you smell the cigar
smoke? I can.

Oh, my.

I miss you all. And believe it or not, I will do my darnedest to live three
more years, if for no other reason than to meet up again with all of you
once more on the grassy lawns of Quarry Hill.

My, what a royal time that was.

Richard Talbot
In Minnesota