From:
Gretchen Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Sep 2013 15:06:00 +0000
I concur with the positive comments already made about Dear Mark Twain but would like to add that an aspect I found so interesting is that these letters really give insight into what general late nineteenth-early twentieth-century readers valued, disliked, approved of, found humorous, etc.... A peek into the various perspectives of average Americans in a given era can be difficult to access (as opposed famous, historical, powerful people), and this book offers rare insight into average Americans and their literary and cultural values.  Many thanks to Kent Rasmussen for this contribution!!