Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2012 20:16:14 -0500
From:
Cindy Lovell <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cindy-lovell/hal-holbrook-mark-twain_b_2053749.html

The Mark Twain Prize discussion prompted me to add a poll
to the above article on HuffPost about the upcoming
honors for Hal Hobrook in Hannibal and Hartford.
I included the names listed in these posts and added a few based
on input from some of my students. Nothing scientific.
obviously, and this is just for fun. The Kennedy
Center does not consult the museum on this
decision.

Also, someone asked how frequently we will present the
Mark Twain Lifetime Achievement Award, and
the plan is to announce a recipient every two years.

The poll on HuffPost asks:

Who should win the Kennedy Center's Mark Twain Prize
for American Humor Award next year? Ellen DeGeneres
won in 2012. Past winners listed here:
http://www.pbs.org/mark-twain-prize/past.html

Names:

Woody Allen
Samantha Bee
Andy Borowitz
Carol Burnett
Stephen Colbert
Janeane Garofalo
Hal Holbrook
Garrison Keillor
Norman Lear
Bill Maher
Sarah Silverman
Jon Stewart
Wanda Sykes

So, in honor of Election Day, please enjoy!

Cindy

Cindy Lovell, Ph.D.
Executive Director
Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum
120 N. Main St., Hannibal MO 63401
Phone: 573-221-9010 ext. 402 | Cell: 386-748-1256 | Fax: 573-221-7975
Email: [log in to unmask] | Web site: http://marktwainmuseum.org/

Have your ordered "Mark Twain: Words & Music" yet?  Details here:
http://www.marktwainmuseum.org/index.php/community-projects/mark-twain-cd

"Let us endeavor so to live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry." ~Mark Twain