From:
Michael Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2003 21:49:15 -0500
Don't know how many of you pay attention to movie news, but Tom Sawyer is
going to make an appearance this summer in The League of Extraordinary
Gentlemen.

Based on an Alan Moore graphic novel (glorified comic), the movie will take
characters from 18th/19th century literature and form a sort of "justice
league" with them.  Among the characters are Alan Quartermain (Sean Connery,
collecting a paycheck), Mina Harker (from Dracula), and Dorian Gray (who is
an "immortal").

Our own Tom Sawyer, all grown up, is now a gun-toting CIA agent.

Tom's character was not originally in the comic, but the screenwriters felt
they needed an American in the cast.  I've seen the trailer, and seems it
will probably be a decent popcorn flick.

I hope y'all don't think less of me for posting this...

Mike