Susan Dorman <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 15 Mar 2004 08:49:18 -0500
Hello, I'm new to the list, and, seeing the thread on Twain
impersonators, thought I would ask a question in a similar vein.  Is
there work out there in which Mark Twain figures as a fictional
character?  Has he been imitated on the page as well as acted on the
stage?  If so, where?  What was the quality, what was the type of work?

In conjunction with my Masters in humanities project, I did a creative
dialogue with Mark Twain and another figure.  I wanted to do something
of a fantastic nature, not unlike the works these two giants.  Now I'm
wondering what else might be out there.  And if so, how do you assess
it?

I'm also looking for markets for papers done in connection with the
project (literary essays).  Thinks in advance for any tips you may
have..

A nice place to lurk, this list.  :-)

Susan Dorman

On Mar 8, 2004, at 12:44 PM, Joe McCullough wrote:

> Hal Holbrook will also be appearing at the University of Nevada, Las
> Vegas,
> on May 22.  I have the wonderful honor to introduce him for that
> performance.
-------
I had a "technological meltdown" a while back and since have been
unable to communicate much online (except briefly and very
illiterately) because I have no voice recognition software on the
machine.  My dexterity is limited by disability.  I have to transfer
communication by CD if I want to send something online--cumbersome. I
do all my work on an off-line machine now with the software.  I guess
the cut off from online communication has beefed up my productivity
some, though.  For that I'm glad..--sue