From:
Steve Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2022 20:32:52 +0000
Greetings -- I have been retrograde in alerting the Forum to tonight's free virtual edition of Hartford's "The Trouble Begins" series -- it's 7:00 p.m. tonight, Wednesday, May 4 (and generally these are available a few days later under the "Digital Offerings" tab on the Mark Twain House website).

The subject is big and timely -- "Mark Twain and Critical Race Theory." The presenters are stellar -- Ann Ryan and Laura Skandera Trombley. You can read more and register here:

https://marktwainhouse.org/event/the-trouble-begins-with-laura-skandera-trombley-and-ann-ryan/
[https://marktwainhouse.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/Trouble-Spring-2022-post-300x300.png]<https://marktwainhouse.org/event/the-trouble-begins-with-laura-skandera-trombley-and-ann-ryan/>
The Trouble Begins on MARK TWAIN & CRITICAL RACE THEORY<https://marktwainhouse.org/event/the-trouble-begins-with-laura-skandera-trombley-and-ann-ryan/>
J oin us on Wednesday, May 4th at 7:00 PM ET our next Trouble Begins, Dr. Laura Skandera Trombley and Dr. Ann Ryan discuss Mark Twain & Critical Race Theory.. Laura Skandera Trombley and Ann Ryan explore Mark Twain’s writing as just one example of how thoroughly American it is to try to unravel the knot of race, racism, and U.S. history.
marktwainhouse.org
Happy viewing,
Steve

Steve Courtney, Curatorial Volunteer