From:
Barbara Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 21:10:29 -0500

Sometime ago, I obtained two sources Cheney referenced in her biography of
Tesla in regard to Twain in Tesla's lab.  These were:

1) An article titled "The New Wizard of the West," Pearson's Magazine
(London edition) 1899

and

2) Three known letters that Twain wrote to Tesla (microfilm copies obtained
from Library of Congress) and documented in _Union Catalog of Letters_.

After checking out these references and finding they did not support much of
what Cheney had written, I came away from the her volume disappointed
and of the opinion that entertainment value and not fact had been the
primary consideration when the book was written.

Barb