From:
miki pfeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Apr 2020 20:07:28 -0500
Scott and John,

Very interested in the tour. Have read the books cited here. Mentioned it
in both of my books: one about the Cotton Centennial Exposition that was
going on during the time of the tour and was several times mentioned in New
Orleans newspapers (*Southern Ladies and Suffragists*) and the other about
how Grace King began her literary career contra-Cable because of how he, a
fellow New Orleanian, treated the Creole population in his stories. When
King met Twain, he endeared himself to her by complaining about and
mimicking Cable from that tour (*A New Orleans Author in Mark Twain's Court*).
He was outdone with Cable's Sabbatarian ways that kept him from Sunday
travel and performing. Money and time lost.

I presume you know that Tulane University holds Cable papers in its
Louisiana Collection:
https://archives.tulane.edu/repositories/3/resources/956

I'm enjoying reading the calendar.
Thanks for doing that.
Let's share.
Miki Pfeffer

--
Miki Pfeffer, Ph D
*A** New Orlean**s Author i**n Mark Twain's Court: *