Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2007 01:23:44 -0400
7bit
From:
I have just begun reading Finn and have been pleased by the way that the
episodes we know from Adventures of Huckleberry Finn are treated.
I think that the "tone" is very different, the overt cruelty of Finn does
not compare to the gentler probing of issues that comes to us through the
boy's eyes in the older book. Finn is clearly an adult's perspective on the
Mississippi story.
But, as I said, I have just begun to read Finn and may think differently in
a day or so.

Dennis Kelly