From:
Jim Zwick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 5 Feb 1997 16:51:09 +0000
> the price of the CD.  As for the lame cartoons, I hate them too; but even
> ridiculous things can be put to pedagogical use.  When I use the CD in
> classes, I make the silliness of the cartoons into a running joke.

Jim:

I'm curious how you use the CD in class.  Every discussion of it
that I've seen here on the list has focused on its use for research
-- looking up quotations, etc.  Do you use it as a general reader
where students buy and read the CD instead of five or six (or more)
separate books?  With a good computer display system, I suppose it
would be useful in the classroom for putting a paragraph or two up on
a screen for discussion instead of "open your books to page...."
Could you fill us in on how you use it?

Jim Zwick