"Marcus W. Koechig" <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 30 Mar 1996 07:56:44 -0500
In regard to contemporary reviews of _Pudd'nhead Wilson,_ bear in mind that
the book's first appearance was not as a book. It was first published
serially in _Century Magazine_ from 1893 to 1894. In the July, 1894 issue of
_Century_ there is a short article called _Confirmation of Pudd'nhead
Wilson's Views on Valor,_ signed by HKD. If you are looking ffor this
particular piece the best place to find it will be in the bound volumes of
_Century._ In that case you will be looking for Vol. XLVII, New Series Vol.
XXV and Vol. XLVIII, New Series Vol. XXVI. It has been my experience when
looking for these to rely on the New Series vol. no. being stamped on the
spine so, in this case you would be looking for XXV and XXVI.
...and so there ain't nothing more to write about, and I am rotten glad of it...
Marcus W. Koechig
M&M Books