From:
Hillary Murtha <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:06:34 -0500
Dear MT aficianadoes,

At some point while I was researching a short paper on Twain, I
discovered the following information re Twain's feelings about race
relations: 1) that he put a black man through school as part of the
reparation he felt southern whites owed blacks, but also that 2) he
hired black butlers because he felt more comfortable giving orders to
a black man.

Now I can't find where I discovered either of those pieces of info.
Can anyone help me?

Thanks in advance,
Hillary Murtha