Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 14:13:18 -0500
Bob,

First, a personal note of thanks for the notes you passed along to
me.   Based on them, I developed a new passage for my seemingly
never-to-be-finished book.

Secondly, (I think I can say this with confidence), on behalf of
all Forumers, let me say how much we appreciate and value your
being amongst us. I want to express our collective gratitude for
your indeispensible contributions to Twain scholarship in general,
and to us in this discussion group in partiuclar.  Your
participation helps raise the level of "electronic scholarhip,"
helping make this Forum more than an intellecutal chat group.
Thanks.

wes britton