From:
"Horace J. Digby" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Aug 2006 15:29:27 -0700
David,

This is indeed fortuitous.

I was wondering, on Twain's "Around The World Tour," it seems he would
have been heading from Tacoma, Washington to Portland, Oregon on August
on August 11, or 12, 1995, and heading back from Portland, Oregon to
Seattle, Washington on August 12th or 13th.

I think he was traveling by rail.  I live on that rail route, in Kelso,
Washington.  Can you help me.  I've been trying to determine which
day(s) or nights he would have passed through Kelso, and where he stayed
in Portland, Spokane, Olympia, Tacoma, and Seattle.  My assumption is
that he got his sleep on the train.  Is that correct.

What can you tell me of his precise itinerary and from August 5, 1895 to
August 16, 1895?
I have bold tentative plans to take the same train trip as Twain one or
more of these days.

Horace J. Digby