Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 1995 21:26:28 -0400
Someone asked if I would post my impressions of Hannibal after the visit
this month.  Here they are:

I found it charming and devoted to the legacy left it by Sam Clemens.  Every
small town in American should be so lucky.  The museum has some treasures in
the orchestrell that was described by Dorothy Quick in her book Enchantment;
Sam's Oxford robes that he was fond  of being photographed in; his locks of
hair and insurance policy; and the original sketches of illustrations for
Connecticut Yankee.  The Becky Thatcher Bookstore across the street lives
up to its name and manager Frank North is an asset to the Twain endeavors
of the community.  Didn't meet Mr. Sweet, but the museum staff were very
hospitable and friendly and always smiling.
Now, anyone have impressions or advise for planning a trip to the Hartford,
Connecticut and Redding, Connecticut museums and mansions?

Barb