From:
miki pfeffer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Aug 2021 15:51:42 -0500
Scott,
I don't know if you know of any research on a side trip Clemens might have
taken to Schriever, Louisiana during this trip.

Local lore and some apparent evidence suggests a visit in 1882 to a
riverboat friend, John T. Moore, who owned Waubun plantation in Schriver
along the Southern Pacific Railroad line. The train from New Orleans still
makes a brief stop when there's someone (like my now-deceased mother when
she came to visit) who needs to disembark.

The house Waubun still exists and is now lived in by a friend of mine who
is caretaking it at the same time he is the archivist at Nicholls State
University here in Thibodaux, just a few miles from the house.

Here's an article in a local paper from 2010. See what you think:
https://www.houmatoday.com/article/DA/20101229/Entertainment/608099735/HC

Regards,
Miki

--
Miki Pfeffer, Ph D
*A** New Orlean**s Author i**n Mark Twain's Court: *