Sender:
Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Dec 2019 10:26:28 -0500
From:
Leslie MYRICK <[log in to unmask]>
Then again, the figure with the side whiskers standing in the background
(page 39) fits more closely with the Vanderbilt caricatures I've seen. I
was referring earlier to the third member of the robber baron chimera in
the wedding scene.

https://books.google.com/books?id=j5UOAQAAMAAJ&pg=PA43&lpg=PA43&dq=%22house+that+jack+built%22+twain&source=bl&ots=rnI5mwF6Ns&sig=ACfU3U2UO45hHQ1tlMTLlNxVToHF1wUdvg&hl=en&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwir_YqEnJfmAhUCT98KHR88BEoQ6AEwC3oECAkQAQ#v=onepage&q=%22house%20that%20jack%20built%22%20twain&f=false