From:
Zachary Rosenau <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 15:54:48 +0000
Greetings From Bonnie Scotland,

I'm a tramp abroad via Philadelphia, ex-Chicago, planning a short
film production of "The Stolen White Elephant" here in Edinburgh and
Glasgow.

Every time I read the story I immediately become bereft that no one
has produced an adaptation so I've just decided to go ahead with it
already.

A question and a request:

First, does any one have any strong opinions about the story or about
film adaptations of Mark Twain in general? I've read some criticism
about how Twain was satirizing the likes of G. K. Chesterton and
Agatha Christie, who would have their respective detectives just show
up at the right time and place whenever they were needed to could
observe some plot-turning, clue-producing event regardless of
plausibility. This was a good start for me planning the film. Anyone
maybe interested in advising the production in a serious way, please
write to me and I'll send you some directors notes that may need
development. I always say, a Literary Historian and an in-house
Mathematician are underrated crew members in the short filmmaking
process. More info about everything is located at the film website is
here:

www.that-a-way.com/elephantproductioninfo.htm

The second is that for this film production - my master's graduation
film -  I'm experimenting with micro-fundraising, gathering up 10
dollar donations from several hundred individuals to help pay for the
cost of the production. I don't know if it will work or not. The film
production house is based at the University of Edinburgh and the
Edinburgh College of Art, but the film is being shot on location in
Glasgow inside two famous Charles Rennie Mackintosh buildings: The
Scotland Street School Museum and The Glasgow School of Art - (my
plan is to make Glasgow look like Chicago). Anyone who wises to
support this film so that together we can no longer be gloomy that
there's no short film version of the "The Stolen White Elephant" can
do so and read all about "The Stolen White Fundraiser" here:

www.that-a-way.blogspot.com

Thank you for letting me post on the server and let me know what you
think.

Piecemeal,
Zach Rosenau