Sender: Mark Twain Forum <[log in to unmask]>
From: camy <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2006 20:13:02 +0200
Dear Group:
I don't mean to be trite, but I wonder how Mark Twain must have sounded.
His voice must have been quite powerful to project to several thousand
people without the advantage of body mikes or any amplification.  Also, I'd
be fascinated to speak with some one from Hanibal and know  how the Hannibal
Missouri accent sounds.  What was Twain's demeanor during the lecture?  Did
he pace the platform and roam restlessly as Holbrook did?  Did he ever
interact with the audience, and is any of this interaction written down and
available?  I haven't found any on the web sites noted.
Thank you for reading my rambling.
A new twainian,
Camy