From:
David H Fears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Mar 2008 16:43:39 EDT
Tracy, thank you for the lesson. Though I'm familiar with the etymology of
the term "coolies," I do believe however that there are no "bad" words, offered
 with good intent. That's a distinction that seems to escape many here. To
excise  certain words from usage because some group or subset of a group may
find them  objectionable can have no rational end.

And I will gladly offer a respectful response to each and every objection
whether from esteemed scholar or blatherskites. And I do offer responses today,
because I've never believed that ganging up on one person ever serves a
higher  need.

David

Home.