From:
Jerry Vorpahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 2006 11:15:43 -0800
The subject term is used in the current issue of FORTUNE Magazine (P.
156, presented as two words), so perhaps it has entered the lingua
franca of business writing. Had it been coined at the time, I'm sure MT
wouldn't have hesitated to employ it, although it probably wouldn't
have passed the scrutiny of Livy. (Had she seen "1601" before he showed
it to Twitchell, we wouldn't know about it to this today.)  Twain had
as many sagacious comments about strong language as he did about strong
drink. My favorite: "Profanity provides a relief denied even to
prayer."

JV