From:
Stephen Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 2015 10:50:57 -0600
Are you all familiar with the recording made by the actor William Gillette as Twain? He knew Twain as a
young man and recorded a brief bit of “The Jumping Frog of Calaveras County” imitating Twain. You can
find it on YouTube as “Twain’s Voice.” There used to be a disk recording of it on display in the Museum in
Hannibal, but I didn’t see it the last time I was there. I have a copy, though, I got in the 1970s.

I cannot imagine that Holbrook didn’t listen to it many times.

Stephen M. Archer